How do I tell when it’s time to clean my dryer vent?
Technology has become an integral element of our daily life. The dryer is one of the most significant machines we use daily in our homes. But did you know that a clogged or improperly cleaned dryer vent can endanger your house and family, as well as pose a fire hazard?
Even if it isn’t something that happens daily, it is still a significant risk! Dryer vents that are clogged are a recipe for disaster. Mishandling your dryer vents can result in a variety of unpleasant and perhaps deadly scenarios. Sensors on your dryer machine may typically detect clogged vents, but what if the sensor is malfunctioning?
Here are some common indicators that it’s time to hire a professional to clean your dryer vents:
1. Your dryer is emitting a burning, unpleasant odor.
- The drying cycle of the laundry takes longer than normal.
- Your laundry is still damp or very hot after drying.
- The hood flap on the vent does not open correctly.
- The dryer generates a lot of heat.Dryer vents should be cleaned at least once a year, according to experts. So, if it’s been more than a year since your dryer vent was cleaned, it might be time to call in the professionals and eliminate all potential hazards.Why put yourself in danger when you can just contact us and have our staff come out and clean your dryer vent?We’re here to help!